Stock market is hitting new highs and I hope you are making money. Here is what you need to do according to me based on all the books and videos on finance I have seen. Tons of research as well on asset allocation.
- Only buy index funds! (even in your 401k, only have these funds)
- If you need an advisor, please get a FEE ONLY advisor
- If you can, definitely invest in a Roth IRA and max it out every year.
- Do not get any annuities or permanent life insurance products (scam)
I have a 4 fund portfolio which i think works for 98% of average investors:
- VG total stock market index fund
- VG total international stock index fund
- VG total bond market index fund
- REIT index fund
You decide your own asset allocation.
The whole strategy here is long term . In 20-25 years this is going to be any actively managed funds and save you A LOT on fees.
@mjassal (please free to ask me any question at all)