The future of marketing is bright, very bright!
I am fortunate enough to work for the largest technology research company in the world: Gartner
The biggest Symposium in the company’s history happened last week and I got to be a part of it. Met the worlds most insightful and sought after analysts. Attended some amazing sessions on future tech/marketing progress. Very cool week.
Marketing is going to be ruling technology. Its fascinating. Marketing is leading the way and technology has not other choice but to follow and keep up.
New emerging role: Chief Marketing Technologist
Some of my favorite factoids of the week from the Symposium:
- Google’s ad revenue surpasses the entire U.S. print industry
- Amazon’s warehouse space would fill over 700 Madison Square Gardens
- 55% of consumers share their purchases on a social site
- Truth in advertising: only 14% trust advertising
- Google pockets half of all mobile ad spending
- Greatest obstacle to digital transformation: lack of vision to define corporate strategy